Thursday, September 25, 2008

Mood Music. . .


On the way: On Track Models Louvre Van. . .


. . .and the Auscision NGTY grain hopper.

I love the internet.

Can you tell? So, now when I'm slaving away making bridge bents for the Namoi River crossing, I can hear what's going on in Narrabri (that's Nair-a-bry, by the way), by listening to 2Max FM 91.3 "The Voice of Narrabri" on streaming audio. What book about Australia did I read that said that radio in the small inland towns is virtually nothing but oldies? Seems to be the case. But a nice mix of music you might not have heard in a while. How about Charlie Rich and "Good Time Charlie's Got the Blues?" Doris Day and "Sentimental Journey?" "L.A. International Airport?" This is a better music mix that most so-called "hard country" stations in the DFW area. And the local chatter and adverts are learnin' me some pronounciatin'.

Got to get the bridge finished so I can link Narrabri and Narrabri West. I've got a railroad to run, especially when 12 of these and nine of these are coming in the mail in the near future.

Excuse me, Ross is coming up with "music for the truckies," 4-8pm on Fridays. Right now, it's a Marty Robbins song about the "Siege of the Alamo". . .

4 comments:

Ray P said...

"What book about Australia did I read that said that radio in the small inland towns is virtually nothing but oldies? "

Down Under - Bill Bryson

Definitely worth a read, a real laugh and about 95% accurate.

Ray

B. Kooistra said...

Yes, that's it--the US title is "In a Sunburned Country." I enjoyed it immensely.

The other title I enjoyed was Tony Horwitz's "One for the road," however, fairly or not, it paints the outback culture as one obsessed with beer. Not that there's anything wront with that.

Ray P said...

We do tend to have a high annual consumption but someone else must be getting most of my share.

Passaro No Ombro said...

Hello nice blog